Refit "Spirit of Romo"
In November 2017 the "Spirit of Romo" arrived at our yard after an eventful trip from Poland, where this decommissioned Danish naval ship was bought by a Swish couple, who employed a Scottish captain to steer and manage this gem on behalf of the owner.
This Swish couple had a dream to spent their retirement on a luxury yacht, with the charme of yesterday, but the conveniences of nowadays.
In their search for a suitable yacht they found this little gem from Denmark, moored at a burial for ships in Poland. They immediately saw the potential of this ship, with it's beautiful lines and powerful 2-stroke engine.
The challenge for Talsma: bring this lady into the 21st century, while keeping the character ánd the 2-stroke B&W Alpha in the engineroom.
To get to this end goal, we first had to strip the ship from mast to keel. The old superstructure has also been removed to make place for a new, more spacious and modernized superstructure. The beloved main engine has been revised and everything else on board is new, or has been renewed.
After placing the new superstructure the ship has been lifted from the ater to be painted.
After the new paintjob the ship has been launched and the outfitting of the ship started.
After only 11 months of refitting the "Spirit of Romo left Franeker in October 2018.
In a relative short time the ship has been equipped with the following luxury items:
- A state-of-the-art gyro stabilizer
- A new hydraulic bow thruster
- A hydraulic boarding ladder
- Flexiteak decks
- Two tenders (ribs)
- A Smart-car
- Two generators (1 large day generator en 1 smaller night generator) for the enlarged electrical needs
- Completely new electrical system
- Completely new HVAC system
- Two stairlifts
- A spacious saloon with bar and lounge sofa, a fully fitted galley, 1 owners cabin, 3 guest cabins, 1 captains cabin, 2 crewcabins en a crew mess
- All cabins with luxurious bathroom
- A fully outfitted bridge with all moden needs, which allows the "Spirit of Romo" to go anywhere in the world (for which she is also certified)
The refit of the "Spirit of Romo" is a project on which we look back with a lot of pride. The end result is a beautiful ship, fully equipped, which the owners will enjoy for a long time to come!